Family Immigration Visas Lawyer

1. Are you currently located in the United States?


Immigrants who are physically present in the U.S. may qualify for adjustment of status.

Immigrants outside of the U.S. may apply for visas that will allow for entry to the United States.

2. Have you ever been deported or denied entry to the United States?


While you may still have options for immigration, you may need to take steps to address inadmissibility. Please contact us to discuss these issues and determine how to proceed.

3. Have you lost your immigration status in the United States?


If you have violated U.S. immigration laws by staying in the country after the expiration of a temporary visa, or if you have lost your legal immigration status for any reason, you may need to take steps to defend against deportation. If you are removed from the country, you may not be allowed to re-enter the United States. In these situations, additional steps may need to be taken when applying for a visa, Green Card, or citizenship. Please contact us for more information.

4. Have you been convicted of any crimes?


Certain types of criminal convictions, including aggravated felonies and "crimes involving moral turpitude," will cause you to be inadmissible to the United States. In some cases, waivers of inadmissibility may be available, and you may still be able to apply for a visa or Green Card. Please contact us to discuss these issues.

5. Do you have a family member in the United States who can sponsor you for immigration?


Depending on your relationship with your family member and their status as a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you may qualify for a spousal visa, a fiancé visa, or another type of family visa. To learn how we can assist with applications for visas, Green Cards, or citizenship, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.

Unfortunately, you may be unable to apply for a visa or Green Card without sponsorship from a family member. However, other methods of immigration may be available in certain situations. Please contact us if you have questions about the options that may be available to you.

Helping You Bringing Your Loved Ones to the U.S.

People in the United States who have family members in other countries will often plan to help their loved ones immigrate to the U.S., where they can live in a safe and healthy environment and pursue employment or education. U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents may apply for immigration visas on behalf of certain family members. This can ensure that families will be able to live together in the United States, and immigrants who receive Green Cards can obtain a variety of benefits. However, many people are uncertain about the requirements that they will need to meet in these situations and the procedures that must be followed when dealing with immigration officials. Fortunately, an experienced immigration lawyer can assist with these issues and ensure that family members can receive the visas they need.

The visa application process can be complex, but Immigrate Lawyer can help you compile the proper documentation, complete and submit the necessary forms, and address any issues that may arise. We have a team of experienced immigration attorneys who are ready to assist with your case. Our goal is to make the immigration process as simple and straightforward as possible for our clients.

Types of Family Visas

U.S. citizens and Green Card holders may sponsor certain family members for immigration. The types of visas that are available will be based on the status of the sponsor and their relationship to the family members who are seeking to immigrate to the United States. Family visas fall into two general categories:

  • Immediate Relative visas - U.S. citizens can apply for these types of visas on behalf of immediate family members, which include a person's spouse and children who are under the age of 21 and are not married. Citizens who are at least 21 years old can also provide sponsorship for their parents. IR visas usually allow for the fastest and simplest immigration process, since there are no wait times, and no limits apply to the number of visas that can be issued.
  • Family Preference visas - These visas are available for relatives of U.S. citizens who are not classified as immediate family members. Green Card holders may also apply for these visas on behalf of their immediate family members. These categories have limited numbers of immigration visas that can be granted each year, and there may also be wait times before these visas become available. Because of this, Family Preference visas are issued according to the following order of priority:
    1. Adult children of U.S. citizens who are over the age of 21 and are not married may receive F1 visas.
    2. The spouses or unmarried minor children of Green Card holders may receive F2A visas, and unmarried adult children of Green Card holders may receive F2B visas.
    3. Married children of U.S. citizens may receive F3 visas.
    4. Siblings of U.S. citizens may receive F4 visas.

Applying for an immigration visa can be a complex and time-consuming process. The sponsoring family member and the person or people who are planning to immigrate to the United States will need to gather multiple types of documents, including birth certificates, passports, and evidence of family relationships, such as a marriage certificate. Immigrants will need to undergo a medical examination and submit all required medical and immunization records. When applying for visas, the sponsoring family member will need to submit an Affidavit of Sponsorship, which will show that they are able to financially support the person or people who will be immigrating to the U.S.

Once a person is approved for an Immediate Relative or Family Preference visa, they will be able to enter the United States after being inspected by immigration officials at a port of entry. They will then be able to live and work in the United States while their application for permanent residence is being processed.

Contact Our Family Immigration Visa Attorneys

At Immigrate Lawyer, we understand that immigration can be a complicated and emotional process for families. Our team of immigration attorneys is dedicated to assisting our clients and ensuring that family members can join their loved ones in the United States as quickly and smoothly as possible. Our goal is to help families navigate the immigration system and ultimately obtain visas and Green Cards for those who are seeking to live in the U.S. with their loved ones. Contact us today by filling out the form below or calling 844-464-4727 to get started on your family immigration visa application.

badge badge badge

Free Consultations Available

We will review your case and advise you on your immigration requirements.

Back to Top